Hey, have you ever wondered why Search engine optimization (SEO) is more important today than ever before?
New trends (e.g., the rise of voice search, the machine learning revolution) mean that if you want to stay afloat today, you need to up your SEO game.
One way to do that is by using SEO tools.
In this article, I will be sharing with you the 55 best free SEO tools to improve your website ranking in 2020.
For instance, If you want to start a blog, you need website traffic. And to get organic traffic, you need to rank on Google for specific keywords.
So whether you need to perform keyword research, audit your website, do competitive research, or just want to see how well you rank on Google, you should use one of the best SEO tools.
Several marketers have asked me the same question:
“What’s the best way to make your website SEO-friendly on a small budget?”
The most obvious reason is to hire a reputable SEO Company to help?
But if you’re running a small business or just starting a website, then paying thousands of dollars to a company every month is out of the question.
You can find great tons of SEO knowledge online. This can include experts roundup write-ups and video that teaches how to drive traffic to your website and helpful YouTube videos
However, the best option is to leverage SEO tools that can help you master SEO and increase your rankings for a low monthly cost.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links that First Guide LLC receives a small commission for at no cost to you. However, these are merely the tools I fully recommend when it comes to SEO Tools.
Now Let’s get started. 😀
What Are SEO Tools?
SEO tools provide data and alerts about the overall health and success of your website.
They help uncover areas of opportunity and identify weaknesses or issues that may prevent you from ranking and earning visibility in the SERPs.
Just as actual tools each have a specific role, the same is true in SEO.
There are SEO tools that can help you with:
- Keyword Research.
- Local SEO.
- Mobile SEO.
- On-page SEO.
- Rank Checking.
- Site speed.
- WordPress SEO.
SEO tools are incredibly useful – but you need to understand how to use them to get the most out of them.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, First Guide LLC will earn a commission. Know that we only recommend SEO tools we trust. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates First Guide LLC, which helps First Guide LLC run its blog section and keep all of its in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Do You Need SEO Tools?
The short simple answer is: yes.
Imagine trying to build a table using only your hands.
You wouldn’t get very far, would you?
You will need tools – saws, a measuring tape, a drill, and screwdrivers, to name a few.
Well, if you want to build a website, you’ll only get so far with your hands.
You can build a website, but without tools, you wouldn’t know:
- How many visits your webpages are getting.
- Whether traffic has dropped significantly.
- If you have any HTML errors
- How many links do you have.
- What keywords you could be using to attract more visits.
And so much more.
What Are the Best Free SEO Tools?
If you’re looking to get started with SEO or want to achieve better results for the low, low cost of $0, here are 50 of the best free SEO tools you should be using.
Free SEO Analytics Tools
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an invaluable resource that is virtually indispensable to any digital marketer serious about SEO.
It provides a lot of handy data about websites such as the number of site visits, traffic sources, and location demographics.
With the detailed information from Google Analytics, digital marketers can tweak their content strategy and figure out what works and what doesn’t.
2. Data Studio
Google Data Studio lets you merge data from varying sources, such as Google Search Console and Google Analytics, and create sharable visualizations.
Mozcast tracks change big and small to Google’s search algorithm.
With Google making hundreds of changes on a yearly basis, keeping abreast of the latest developments helps you make sure you’re doing everything to have the best SERPs.
4. Panguin Tool
The Panguin Tool lines up your search traffic with known changes to the Google search algorithm.
If you see a drop that lines up with an update, then you’ve likely found the culprit and can get to work on fixing it!
Free Keyword Research Tools
5. Keyword Explorer
This keyword research tool will give you up to 1,000 keyword suggestions, a keyword difficulty score, click-through-rate date, and SERP analysis. You get to do 10 free searches per month.
6. Keyword Planner
Google’s Keyword Planner is designed for ad campaigns, but you can use it for keyword research by seeing how keywords perform in ads.
7. Keyword Shitter
Yup. You read that correctly.
Get keyword volume, cost per click, and competition data with this aptly named keyword tool.
8. Keywords Everywhere
I currently use the Keywords Everywhere Firefox browser extension.
Keywords Everywhere is a must-use keyword research tool due to the massive list of sites that it provides free search volume, CPC, and competition data for:
- Google Search
- Google Trends
- Answer The Public
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Keyword Shitter
- Moz Open Site Explorer
This tool lets you put your Google Docs into WordPress while retaining your formatting without excess code.
10. Also Asked
Find out what questions people are asking about particular keywords so that you can write content that answers those questions with Also Asked.
Conduct searches by country and in different languages.
11. Google Trends
See the interest in a particular term from as recently as an hour to as far back as 2004 with Google Trends.
Sort by categories, country, and type of search. See related topics, popularity by region, newest most frequently searched for terms, and compare to other terms.
Another fantastic tool for finding keyword ideas is Keyworddit, a free tool that sources keywords from subreddits on Reddit and provides context – a list of threads where a particular keyword was used.
You type in a specific subreddit (e.g., /r/askreddit), and it’ll extract a handful of keywords, as well as the monthly search volume for those terms in the U.S.
Keyworddit is very easy to use and provides valuable insight into the interests of specific audiences.
13. Keyword Surfer
This Chrome extension shows you the search volume right in your Google search results. You can also see the word count and the number of keywords for top-ranking pages.
As the name implies, CanIRank helps you find out if you can rank on the first page of search engines for a particular keyword.
Unlike other tools that merely provide data about how competitive keywords are, CanIRank lets you know the probability that you’ll rank for a search term and uses AI to give you suggestions on how to better target keywords.
CanIRank provides great competitive analysis data and actionable steps to get your site ranking higher with better SEO.
15. Seed Keywords
Come up with a question or topic you want to research, send it to your contacts, and have them select the keywords they would search for to get the information you want with Seed Keywords.
16. Exploding Topics
Similar to Google Trends, Exploding Topics will help uncover topics that are about to become popularly searched before they become popularly searched!
Ubersuggest is a simple keyword research tool that scrapes data from Google’s Keyword Planner for keyword ideas based on a keyword you provide.
The tool also returns handy data for each keyword including the search volume, CPC, and level of competition.
An excellent feature of Ubersuggest is its ability to filter out keywords that you’re not interested in from search results.
With the recently updated version – Ubersuggest 3.0, you can now input URLs and get domain metrics.
Get the related keywords, also known as semantically linked keywords, for any search with Keys4Up.
19. Wordtracker Scout
Wordtracker Scout will help discover what keywords people search for when they’re ready to make a purchase.
With KWFinder, you can discover long-tail keywords –
those more specific less frequently used keywords yield higher results because of how specific they are.
Free Crawling & Indexing Tools
21. Beam Us Up
Beam Us Up lets you know ways in which your website has fallen short of SEO best practices so that you can take corrective measures.
You can filter data by error type, and export your results to Excel, CSV, and Google Drive.
22. Link Redirect Trace
Use this Chrome plugin to make sure all your link redirects are directing people and crawlers where you when them to go.
23. Quick Click Website Audit
The Quick Click Website Audit is a bookmarklet-style extension that links to many of today’s most used online SEO tools.
When a link is clicked, it extracts the current page’s URL and feeds it into the selected tool so you don’t need to copy and paste the links into all the tools. It saves a few seconds, dozens of times a day.
24. Screaming Frog
Crawl your website for SEO errors.
25. Screaming Frog Log File Analyzer
Upload your log files to Screaming Frog’s Log File Analyzer to confirm search engine bots, check which URLs have been crawled, and study search bot data.
26. Redirect Path
The Redirect Path Chrome extension will flag 301, 302, 404, and 500 HTTP Status Codes
HTTP Headers such as server types and caching headers as well as the server IP address can also be displayed with the click of a button.
Furthermore, you can copy all of the details to your clipboard for easy sharing or addition to a technical audit document.
27. Robots.txt Generator
Create a correct robots.txt file in an instant so search engines know how to crawl your website. Advanced users can customize their files with Robots.txt Generator as well.
28. HEADMaster SEO
Checks URLs in bulk for status code, redirect status, response time, response headers, and HTTP header fields with HEADMaster SEO.
Get results in real-time, sort and study your findings, and export your work to CSV.
29. Keep-alive Validation SEO Tool
Check URLs in bulk or one by one to see if their servers support persistent connection, which makes your website load faster, what version of HTTP your server is on, and whether there are any external connections on your URL with Keep-alive.
30. Hreflang Tag Generator
Generate hreflang tags so that Google knows which language particular pages on your website are in so that Google can search those pages in that language.
31. XML Sitemaps
Create a site map of up to 500 pages for free without registration.
Download your sitemap as an XML file or get it via email.
BROWSEO lets you see how your website looks to a search engine.
It basically strips your webpage of any styling and shows you the underlying structure. This helps you figure out if Google’s bot has any difficulty accessing important content on your site.
A neat feature of this free SEO tool is the SERP preview. This shows a preview of how your site appears in search results.
You can see if your titles and meta descriptions are adequately optimized and make changes as needed.
Free Link Tools
33. Disavow Tool
Use Google’s Disavow Tool to free yourself from toxic backlinks.
34. Link Explorer
See the backlink profile and domain authority of any URL with Link Explorer.
35. Link Miner
Discover if a given URL has any broken links and discover the metrics of those links, including both search and social data with the Link Miner extension.
Find out which links, based on category, drive the most traffic and rankings with Detailed.
37. Backlink Checker
Use this Backlink Checker to discover all the backlinks data about a particular URL.
See the number of referring domains, the number of backlinks, the domain and URL rating, and its Ahrefs Rank, a domain’s position in Ahrefs’s list of most powerful sites.
38. The Anchor Text Suggestion Tool by Linkio
Discover the best anchor text to use for any URL with this Anchor Text Suggestion Tool.
SendPulse allows for the configuration of chains of emails, notifications, and SMS messages based on user action, variables, or events.
40. Magic PR
Get a press release informed by SEO best practices with Magic PR.
This Chrome extension lets you scrape data from any URL and export the info into a spreadsheet.
42. Help a Reporter (HARO)
Help a Reporter is a resource that connects journalists and experts who act as sources for stories.
43. Google My Business
Connect with customers across Google Search and Google Maps using a free Google My Business profile.
44. Whitespark Google Review Link Generator
Use this tool to find your Google Review listing and generate a shortened link to your page.
45. Local Search Results Checker
Conduct local searches using Google Search or Google Maps with Local Search Results Checker.
46. Moz Local Local Check Business Listing
Confirm that your company’s details appear correctly on various directories with Moz’s Local Business Checker.
47. Whitespark Local Citation Finder
Track your citations, discover new opportunities, and get the citations your competitors have with this Local Citation Finder.
48. Review Handout Generator
Print instructions on how to leave a Google review via desktop or mobile device for your business with Whitespark’s Review Handout Generator.
49. Review Checker
This Chrome extension lets you know if the product you’re about to buy comes from a reputable seller and, if not, provides an alternative.
50. Mobile-First Index Checker
See how your website stacks up relative to SEO best practices depending on whether it’s your desktop or mobile version with Mobile-First Index Checker.
51. Mobile-Friendly Test
Test your website’s mobile-friendliness with Google’s Mobile-Friendly Testing tool.
See how quickly your website loads with GTMetrix, discover what’s keeping it from loading as fast as possible, and see what steps to take to optimize load speed.
A free content delivery network (CDN), which is a network of servers that gets your content to load faster by using a server closest to the person doing the loading.
Multi- Free SEO Tools
SEMrush is an excellent keyword research SEO tool that, among other things, makes it easy to find out what keywords any page on the web is ranking for.
It provides detailed information about those keywords including their position in SERPs, the URLs to which they drive traffic, and the traffic trends over the past 12 months.
With this feature-packed tool, you can easily find out what keywords your competitors are ranking for and craft great content around those terms and phrases.
SEMrush also offers more features and unlimited access with various paid plans.
While they’re not cheap, you can get started with a 14-day free trial, if you want to test out the premium features.
55. Chrome DevTools
Edit pages in real-time using tools that are built right into Google Chrome DevTools. Diagnosis problems as you encounter them.
56. Marketing Miner
Get a SERP data, ranking, tool reports, and competitive analysis all in the form of convenient reports with Marketing Miner.
MozBar is a free SEO toolbar that works with the Chrome browser. It provides easy access to advanced metrics on web pages and SERPs.
With MozBar, you can easily access the Page and Domain Authority scores of any page or site.
The Page Analysis feature lets you explore elements on any page (e.g., markup, page title, general attributes, link metrics).
You can find keywords on the page you’re viewing, highlight and differentiate links, and compare the link metrics of different sites in SERPs.
If you need to do detailed SEO research on the go, MozBar is one of the best options to consider.
You can unlock even more advanced features such as Page Optimization and Keyword Difficulty with a MozPro subscription.
58. SEO Minion
Conduct on-page SEO analysis, check for broken links, get a SERP preview, and more with this Chrome extension.
See SEO metrics and conduct an SEO audit with this Chrome extension.
60. Sheets for Marketers
Learn how to automate tasks in Google Sheets and discover the best automation templates and tools via this curated list.
61. Sheet Consolidator
Create workbooks using CSV exports with a table of contents and enabled hyperlinks using this simple Excel Sheet Consolidator tool.
62. Google Search Console
If you want to elevate your website’s Google ranking, then what’s better than leveraging Google’s SEO tool itself?
Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools) helps you understand Google’s perspective of your website, measure the site’s search traffic, and fix issues related to your sitemap and indexing. By providing multiple data points and suggestions, Google Search Console is the backbone of your SEO. Note: Bing Webmaster Tools should be used in unison with this tool.
We currently use both Google and Bing Webmaster Tools here at First Guide LLC.
In addition to the Google Keyword Planner which runs through Google AdWords, Search Console is a must for every website. You can easily install this tool on WordPress with the Yoast SEO plugin.
Aside from the fact, the data comes from Google, Google Search Console is rich with insights related to:
- Keyword and URL performance.
- Indexation issues.
- Mobile usability.
- Sitemap status.
- And much more!
Free of cost.
Can Be Used For:
- Search engine optimization and data analysis
- Audience targeting and organic performance monitoring
- Metadata testing and security monitoring
- Sometimes warnings and suggestions come with a wrong explanation
- Doesn’t provide any information on your competitors
- The new version is missing some vital SEO functionalities
63. Small SEO Tools
A suite of tools to make it easier to create content including a plagiarism checker, article rewriter, grammar check, word counter, spell checker, paraphrasing tool, and more.
64. Ahref’s SEO Toolbar
SEO metrics and SERP details from Ahrefs free Chrome or Firefox extension.
65. Bing Webmaster Tools
Featuring keyword reports, keyword research, crawling dates, and more.
Unlike Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools only focuses on organic search. A must-have for anyone who wants to be ranked on Bing.
Woorank is a handy website analyzer that provides useful insights that can help you improve your site’s SEO.
It generates an SEO score for your site and an actionable “Marketing Checklist,” which outlines steps you can take to fix any problems with your site’s SEO.
Another cool feature of this free tool is the social shareability pane. This section provides social network data such as the number of likes, shares, comments, backlinks, and bookmarks across popular social networks.
Woorank also has a great mobile section where you can find information on how your pages render on mobile devices and how quickly they load.
Lipperhey will provide free analyses of your website, keyword tips, SEO analytics, and backlink checker.
Dareboost will provide you with an audit of your technical SEO, content, and website’s popularity.
You can also find out which keywords you should add to your pages.
Discover duplicate content, broken links, page authority, and get both an XML sitemap and a detailed report of key site information with Siteliner.
70. Natural Language API Demo
Use machine learning to determine the sentiment of text with the Natural Language API Demo.
Use this data to improve your product or site design.
71. Rich Results Test
The Rich Results Test will discover if your website can support rich results, which is when your Google result includes non-textual elements like images.
72. Structured Data Testing Tool
The Structured Data Testing Tool will help validate the structured data of any webpage using live data or by copying and pasting code.
73. Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager allows you to manage your website tags without editing any code!
74. View Rendered Source
Differences between raw and rendered versions are shown line-by-line.
Find out what your SERP snippet will look like with SERPSim.
76. Merkle’s Schema Markup Generator
Merkle’s Schema Markup Generator tool will help create JSON-LD markups for articles, breadcrumbs, events, FAQ pages, and how-tos.
77. Animalz Revive
Find out which of your pages needs an update or an upgrade with Animalz Revive.
You can see the traffic for your pages, including the percentage of traffic your page lost since its peak.
Research SEO Tools
Find out which content does best for a particular keyword and who the influencers are for a given topic with the free features of BuzzSumo.
Hunter will help find all the important email addresses associated with a given domain.
Conduct competitor analysis with SimilarWeb that shows you a given domain’s traffic, top pages, engagement, marketing channels, and more.
Wappalyzer will help you find out if a given website is using a CMS, CRM, eCommerce platform, advertising networks, marketing tools, or analytics.
82. Wayback Machine
See a website throughout time, including pages that are no longer on the web with the Wayback Machine.
83. Bulk Domain Availability Checker
The Bulk Domain Availability Checker will review domain registration en masse and register domains if need be.
84. SEO Explorer
SEO Explorer is a free tool for keyword and links research.
Free Rank Checking Tools
85. Ahref’s SERP Checker
See the domains that place in the top 10 for any given keyword in 171 countries, and get robust analytics from Ahref’s SERP Checker.
A dedicated SERP tracking tool with. the appropriately named SERPROBOT.
Set up automatic alerts, choose the frequency with which your SERP is checked, and get visual representations of changes.
Track SERPs for up to 10 keywords for free with Taptimize and get actionable SEO tips.
88. Bulk Google Rank Checker
See your website’s SERPs for various keywords en mass with the Bulk Google Rank Checker.
89. LSI Graph
Discover related keywords with LSI Graph. See their trends, traffic volume, CPC, competition, and remove low search volume results.
Free Site Speed Tools
90. Google Mobile-Friendly Test
Google’s search algorithm places a lot of emphasis on how mobile-friendly a site is.
To that end, Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test tool is designed to help you determine if your site is correctly optimized for smartphones and tablets.
You just type in your site’s URL, and it will plainly inform you whether your website is mobile-friendly.
The tool also offers suggestions on how you can improve the mobile-friendliness of your site.
The Page Loading Info feature lets you know if Google can properly access all the resources on a particular page and what to do if it can’t.
This is Google’s open-source site speed utility. Lighthouse provides audits of performance, accessibility, web apps, SEO, and more.
92. Page Speed Insights
Find out your website’s page loading speed and how to improve it with Google’s Page Speed Insights.
Track your site’s loading speed daily with SpeedMonitor.io.
You can also track a competitor’s site speed and conduct on-demand audits.
WebpageTest conducts site speed tests from different locations using different browsers.
WordPress Free SEO Tools
WordPress is a robust SEO-friendly CMS platform with numerous plugin options available to improve SEO.
While this post isn’t a WordPress-specific list of plugins, it is worth mentioning a handful of key plugins worth considering.
A newer SEO suite for WordPress, RankMath has 15 modules and provides SEO guidance using 30 different types of improvements.
96. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the most installed SEO suite for WordPress, with regular updates and new tools. we currently use it right here at First Guide LLC
97. Ahrefs WordPress SEO Plugin
The Ahrefs WordPress SEO plugin will provide you with content audits, backlink checking, and tools to monitor and grow your organic traffic.
Paid SEO Tools
If you’ve tried most of the free SEO tools above and you are not getting what you are looking for. You can either go for their paid plans if they have one or you can just check out SEO paid tools i listed below:
What Are the Best Paid SEO Tools?
- Organic Research – This feature allows the users to see the top keywords used by their competitors, and comp the changes of domains.
- Advertising Research – It helps you run better ad campaigns by analyzing the ad budgets of the competitors. You can also localize your ad campaigns.
- Product Listing Ads – SEMrush allows the users to see competitors’ Product Listing Ads and product feeds.
- Traffic Analytics – SEMrush accurately tells about the online performance and traffic of a website. It also helps you understand the behavior and media consumption of potential customers.
SEMrush offers three paid plans. The Pro plan is $99.95, the Guru plan is $199.95, and the Business plan is $399.95. There is also a quote-based En
SEMrush offers three paid plans. The Pro plan is $99.95, the Guru plan is $199.95, and the Business plan is $399.95. There is also a quote-based Enterprise plan that you can customize according to the specific needs of the entrepreneurs.
- Creating guest blogging strategies
- Analyzing the strategies of the competitors
- Tracking past and current website ranking
- Performing technical SEO audits and gauge user experience
- Finding good advertising opportunities for CPC
- Doing robust keyword research to make your content rank higher
- Newbies might find it a bit complicated
- You have to pay a hefty tag for more advanced features
- Instances of inaccurate data regarding advertisements and backlinks
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links that First Guide LLC receive a small commission for at no cost to you. However, these are merely the tools I fully recommend when it comes to SEO Tools.
Ahrefs is primarily used for backlink audits, competitive analysis, URL rankings, keyword research, and more. Like SEMrush, Ahrefs also offers organic search reports to analyze the traffic of your competitors’ sites.
Users then use that extracted data for link building, keyword research, SEO strategies, rank tracking, and content marketing.
I use Ahrefs every day to check on new backlinks, my keyword’s search positions, and check out competitor insights.
I especially love their keyword explorer tool, which allows you to see keyword difficulty and related keywords that “also rank” for target phrases.
All these impressive features make Ahrefs a highly competitive SEO tool used by numerous SEO professionals and entrepreneurs worldwide.
Ahref has been one of my favorite SEO tools for a year now…
- Amazing Keyword Tools – Ahrefs generates millions of keywords on a single research query.
- Ranking History – You can see the ranking history of any keyword used on any page of your website.
- Content Explorer – You can do a content search within the Ahrefs database that contains more than 1 billion web pages.
- Monitor Outbound Links – Ahrefs shows outgoing links report in the site explorer. This helps you keep proper track of where your guest posts are linking.
You can test out the product by opting for the 7-day trial for $7. After that, you can upgrade to the subscription plans starting from $99 and range up to $999.
Mostly USED FOR:
- Getting website improvement tips for increased visibility and ranking
- Used in getting a clear backlinks analysis report
- Used in knowing the URL rating
- To get historical backlink data analysis
- To build a content strategy
- Lack of automated client-facing reports if you’re running an agency
Sitechecker.pro is a great website checker that provides a deep SEO analysis so that you can make SEO improvements. You simply input your website URL and click analyze. Once Sitechecker scans your website, you get insights into traffic, backlinks, rankings, and more.
- Website Change Monitoring – Their ongoing website scans audit your website and provides information on changes that have been made and how they impact your SEO scores.
- On-Page SEO Audits – Sitechecker scans your webpages and provides insights into issues to fix.
- Website Traffic Check – You can view competitor site traffic without any limits.
- Daily Backlink Tracking – Get notified whenever any new links point to your site (or any disappear) so you can take action.
- Rankings Check – View your keyword rankings (including local and mobile rankings).
Sitechecker has three main pricing plans starting at $29 per month. Their $29/month Startup Plan provides you the ability to use their website checker on 5 websites, 5,000 URLs, 500 keywords, and 5,000 backlinks. Pricing plans scale up with the number of websites, URLs, keywords, and backlinks you want to track.
- People that need a website checker for site audits.
- Competitor tracking.
- Keyword position tracking and monitoring.
- New and lost backlink tracking.
101. Authority Labs.
Authority Labs is another highly useful SEO tool that comes with a super-easy user-friendly interface. With Authority Labs, you can easily set up multiple sites and optimize your SEO campaigns. It also helps you acquire location-specific rank tracking to laser target your audience.
Users can also track the SEO campaigns and strategies used by their competitors in the market.
- Global Tracking – You can easily do both local and global tracking for different countries and cities.
- Keyword Targeting – Effective keyword targeting with keyword research tools.
- Free Trial – Authority Labs also offers 30 days free trial.
- Daily Reporting – Receive in-depth reports with daily rank checking that help you analyze where you are standing.
Authority Las offers four different pricing plans. The Plus plans costs $49, and the Pro plan is $99. Other more advanced plans include Pro Plus at $225 and the Enterprise plan at $450. Apart from this, you also get a 30-day free trial; no credit card required.
MOSTLY USED FOR:
- Tracking competitor domains
- Tracking product ranking on various sites
- Comparing mobile ranking to desktop results
- Offers in-depth analytical reports automated reports into the reporting process
- Sorts keywords in alphabetic order, and there is no option to change this filter setting
When it comes to SEO and digital marketing solutions, Serpstat is a one-stop-shop. From optimizing your SEO to running your ad and content marketing campaigns, it helps you with just about everything.
The Serpstat tool does keyword research, competitor research, PPC analysis, and so forth. The dashboard is smooth and easy to use to avoid complexity. Plus, it also helps website owners to keep complete track of the backlinks of their competitors.
- Website Analysis – Serpstat runs an analysis by monitoring the domain and URL of the website. The analysis includes in-depth SEO and PPC research.
- Keyword Research – Keyword research includes cluster research, search suggestions, search volume, content marketing, and SERP analysis.
- Backlink Analysis – Collects full backlinks data spanning over the last two years and at the same time keeps track of your competitors’ backlink strategies.
- Site Audit – Cleans up your website, HTML, page speed, and never lets you miss any potential error.
Serpstat offers four different pricing plans that include monthly and yearly subscriptions. The Lite plan costs $69 per month, the Standard plan is $149, the Advanced plan is $299, and the Enterprise is $499. You also get a 30-day free trial.
MOSTLY USED FOR:
- Searching keyword variations and collecting international data
- Checking the relevance of different webpages
- Tracking universal search results
- Finding ad strategies and budget of your competitors
- Site auditing is quite slow for heavy websites
- Shows inaccurate keywords sometimes
GrowthBar is one of the easiest to use SEO tools on the market. They enable users to see millions of keyword results, your competition’s backlinks, Google Ads data, and even Facebook Ads.
GrowthBar is a Google Chrome extension that enables you to cover all your SEO needs right from the Google search engine results page (SERP). So it’s lightning-fast and 100% intuitive. If you can Google search, you can use GrowthBar!
Because of the simple user interface and robust data sets, it’s becoming a favorite choice for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and freelancers. But GrowthBar counts bigger companies like Minted, Okta, Bill.com, and Teepublic among its customers as well.
- Organic Research — See millions of keyword suggestions along with their competitiveness score.
- Competitiveness Metrics — See your competitors’ top organic keywords, top backlinks, and export any of the metrics into an Excel-friendly CSV.
- Difficulty Score — Understand how easy or difficult it is to rank for a certain keyword using GrowthBar’s proprietary “ranking difficulty score.”
- Word Count — A feature unique to GrowthBar enables you to easily see how many words your competitors’ organic listings have so that you can tailor your content to win in the SERP.
You can test out GrowthBar for 5 days for free, before upgrading to a paid subscription.
- Lightning-fast insights for improved rankings that live directly in the SERP
- Competitive research: understand your competition’s top organic keyword, Google Ads keywords, backlinks, and Facebook Ads
- Get word counts and keyword suggestions to build your content strategy
- As of now, you must use it within the Google SERP
- Lacks technical SEO metrics
- Lacks historical tracking data
SEObility is a powerful all-in-one SEO software that helps you monitor your website, which comes in handy in SEO optimization. With its daily updates and link-building tools, SEObility helps entrepreneurs improve their search engine rankings with ease.
On top of that, it crawls all the linked pages of a website efficiently and finds issues, such as duplicate content and broken links.
- Rank – Helps you track daily keyword rankings based on different demographics and search engines.
- Keyword Monitoring and On-page Analysis – Do on-page crawling and keyword monitoring give proper improvement suggestions to the users.
- Local Search Results – Users can also evaluate and monitor the local search results that will help them rank higher for a specified targeted group.
- Competitors Comparison – Quickly explore and compare the content of your competitors’ websites so that you can optimize your process.
- PDF Export and E-Mail Reporting – Generate regular reports to show a change in the rankings of the websites.
The Basic plan, designed for beginners is available at free of cost. The Premier plan designed for professional websites is available at 30 days of a free trial. After the trial, the plan costs $50 every month. The final Agency plan is $200 and is perfect for large websites and agencies.
- Website crawling and site auditing
- Checking daily updated Google rank tracker
- Link building and backlink checking
- Whitelabel reporting and regular monitoring
- Runs a Metadata and on-page check
- Blacklist and safe browsing check
- Monitors your page response time
- Exports in-depth reports in CSV and PDF format
SEOptimer is an easy-to-use and straightforward SEO audit tool that helps you improve your page ranking. It excellently performs on-page optimization and off-page link building.
- White Label SEO Audit – Gives websites their own branded reports by running a check multiple factors.
- Embeddable Audit – Helps you generate more leads and sales for the websites.
- SEO Crawler – Helps in detecting technical SEO problems by scanning every page of the website.
- SEO Audit API – Used for trend analysis, tracking problems, and bulk reporting.
The pricing plans include one plan for the websites and two programs for digital marketers. The DIY SEO plan for sites costs $19 per month. On the other hand, the White Label plan and the White Label and Embedding plan for digital marketers cost $29 per month and $59 per month, respectively. You also get a 14-day free trial.
- Content marketing
- On-Page Optimization that includes improving various elements of the actual site
- Off-Page Optimization that includes building quality links
- Ad campaign management for a quick traffic
- Social campaigns to improve social presence
- No mobile app
SEO Tools FAQ
How long does SEO take?
It typically takes 3-6 months to see results from your SEO efforts. If you just started a blog site and your website is brand new, it will take longer to index than a reputable, high Domain Authority (DA) site.
Can I do my own SEO?
Yes, you can manage your own SEO if you are well versed in SEO strategies.
Here are the steps to do your own SEO:
1. Read SEO Websites and take courses to improve your skills.
2. Know your target readers.
3. Do keyword research to find valuable keywords to write about.
4. Write your pages and blog posts with SEO in mind.
5. Build Domain Authority (DA) with backlinks from guest posts and link-building outreach.
6. Understand how to use Google Analytics to monitor your traffic.
How much should I spend on SEO?
If you want to hire someone to help you SEO, the price can range from $75-150 per hour for an SEO expert ($750-$1,500 per month). High-end digital marketing agencies may charge up to $20,000 per month for complex jobs for large websites. Additionally, SEO tools are either free or cost around $99 per month. The first step to knowing what to spend on SEO is to calculate your return on investment (ROI) based on your website and niche.
SEO Tools Conclusion
There you have it 105 free & paid SEO tools you can use to improve your website.
Getting started with SEO has never been easier than it is today.
There are numerous free & paid SEO tools such as the ones above that are available to SEO newbies and digital marketers.
Further Reading on First Guide LLC Blog Section: If you’re just beginning, check out the full guide on how to start a blog this year. And if you’re not sure which web hosting company to host website read this article on best web hosting companies
We are the best company to improve your business.
First Guide is a software development & digital marketing company, that primarily focuses on client needs and strives to deliver result-oriented solutions. We handle every project with great diligence and provide the best solution and ROI to boost business growth. We firmly believe that we succeed when our clients succeed. see our services below:
- Web Development/Design
- Mobile App Development
- Digital Marketing